Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally, people, finally

Okay, so after much convincing from several people, I have finally done it. I have a blog. I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to be doing with it but I'm willing to give it a shot. My only concern is that random people such as Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp or Pink could be looking at this and even more disconcerting are the non-random ones like the ex-boyfriends or stalker. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can lock this thing down? It would also allow me to write a little more freely if I knew that only certain people would be reading.
Another motivating factor was that yesterday, I had a bad day. Not just a bad day but a "I hate Germany" day. It is really quite special. Ya see, there are times when living amongst another culture drives me insane. I will most likely be writing about a lot of those instances in this blog. It is not to say that I don't like where I'm at or what I'm doing...it's just that sometimes it makes me want to scream. I will try to put them in the form of an entertaining story so that my complaining doesn't really seem like complaining, but rather a present to the world. I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will try to write about some things that have already happened to me and of course, the stories as they happen. I probably will have a few reoccuring themes in my blog which may include but are not limited to the following: men, german men, the BOGG, why I love the Germans, why I hate the Germans, yummy food, I would understand your German if you would actually use some DICTION, funny mistakes I make in German, funny mistakes my students make in English (I am watching forward to that one much!), and alot of WTF moments.
If anything you will realize that living here definitely has its ups and downs. And hopefully I can turn my moments of utter horror and confusion into something funny to read!

2 comments:

Emily said...

hooray! i've got your misadventures bookmarked! there is definitely a way to make the blog private, but am not exactly sure how. let me know if no one else is able to tell you and i'll ask pat as i'm sure he'd be able to help. can totally relate to the i-hate-germany days as i have many of my own i-hate-switzerland days.

Ben said...

Yay! I love your masthead, by the way!! I can't wait to read all about your daily misadventures!

To make the blog private, go into your settings tab and set as private. You can then invite by email the only people you would like to read the blog. That way, nosy grandparents can't read about your nightly escapades! (there will be escapades, right?)

WE MISS YOU!!

xoxo
Lauren